Sunday, July 5, 2009

Memories a floodin'

There is a different memory for everyday that I was in Oregon. I can't believe its been a week already since the gathering finished. I think I'm just going to talk about each one, one at a time.

The beach

On the 25th, I went to a real beach for the first time in my life. Along with that I saw the pacific ocean for the first time as well. It is still surreal how nice everything was.
It was on the way to the beach that we heard Michael Jackson had died. We were listening to billy jean on the radio and all of a sudden Cade gets a text from Sam that says Michael Jackson had died. We didn't believe it until Billy Jean had ended and the radio guy said he just died. I will always remember where I was when that happened.

The waves were bigger than I had ever imagined, and the water was really cold. I was disappointed that it was really windy that day. It would have made the experience that much better had the weather cooperated. I would have been nice to go swim in the ocean, but obviously it was too cold with the wind to do that. I'll save that for another time.

I got to fly and awesome kite with the help of Blake and I got to feel what quick sand is like.

I'll never forget that beach.

No comments: